Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Love at first spam

Like I said yesterday, it's spring and love (or the spam version of it) is in the air. I've gotten multiple emails from females (or guys pretending to be females) looking either for Mr. Right (or Mr. Moneybags).

Do not ignore me please,
I found your email somewhere and now decided to write you.
Let me know if you do not mind. If you want I can send you some pictures of me.
I am a nice pretty girl. Don't reply to this email.
Email me direclty at dstacy0@highfindme.info
Wow, you found my email somewhere and now you want to send me pictures? Cool! Actually, I don't care. Go away.

Highfindme.info isn't actually a website currently (although I could've sworn I was redirected to a Russian or Ukrainian dating site when I last tried it a few weeks ago), but a simple Google search shows that emails from this domain are spread around the web like fertilizer.

I can't prove it, but I think the above email originated from the same place as this one:
My name is stephany. I found your email on that dating site.
I also love sex on the side. I have a loving partner but he is working 16 hours a day and we have sex only once a week :(
If you are interested and wanna see my pictures just email me at cstephany07@springemail.info
Don`t reply, use the email above (my boyfriend doesn`t know about that email!)
Linda (clinda64@mindspringemail.info) and Kourtney (ckourtney51@springdalepost.info) sent me the exact same email.

Only the first two domains point to actual websites, and those lead back to Heartsattach.com, the domain owner has a US address, but all of the women seem to be in the former USSR. I like this site because all of the women's photos have black bars over their eyes making it somewhat creepy, which I'm sure wasn't intentional.

The next two are easier to track down.
I am larisa, I am young lady of 27 years old, I live in Russia and I
really want to create a strong family. Is visiting Russia in your future plans?
Please, drop me some words to:
mailto:larisa@loveladies2u.com
------------------
I am marina, I am from Moscow. Russia.
I am dreaming to find my real man. Maybe this is you? What do you think
about it? Please, write me a reply here:

mailto:marina@loveladies2u.com

marina
Now the emails from the three ladies (or whatever) above have addresses from Dating Agency Russia, which (big surprise) is actually located in Russia. Maybe they are a legitimate dating service, but randomly spamming people is a sleazy way to go about business.

I think this email originates from Dating Agency Russia as well because of the similarity of the domain name, but the domain doesn't point to a website:
My name is inna, I am from Russia and I want to find my second half.
Do you still believe in love? Please, tell me more about you:

mailto:inna@girlsmessages4u.org

inna
I kind of like the idea of finding love via spam. When asked how you met your wife, you can say, "Well, she spammed me."

No comments: